KAYAK HD - 72x36/3ME/2 FLOAT KEYERS/DPM/MORE
GRASS VALLEY KAYAK HD PRODUCTION SWITCHER - 72x36 I/O - FULL 3ME PANEL - 2 FLOATING KEYERS - 6CH. 4GB RAMREC - DPM CH1 PP+ME1+ME2 - DC POWER CABLE - 8RU FRAME - LIGHTLY USED IN A STADIUM AND ON A FEW RENTALS - TESTED, WORKING PERFECTLY
Shipping weights and dimensions:
Lbs W " H " L "
Larger box (with panel) 82 lbs and 27" x 23" x 60" (W x H x L)
Smaller box (with frame) 96 lbs and 27" x 16" x 35" (W x H x L)
Pictures are attached for reference. The panel bracket is the black structure in front of the rectangular box on the floor. These are the boxes and internal packing materials for the Ross equipment that went into the facility (not the Grass Valley factory original packaging but very close)
THE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE UPGRADES CAN BE ADDED FOR MORE $$:
A new set of licenses (for literally everything that hardware can support PLUS hardware which might be added later).
Existing licenses will need to be saved-off the existing licenses onto a new, blank USB stick as the ultimate backup before doing ANYTHING to licenses.
Then, copy this file into the root directory of a USB stick for loading onto the KAYAK.
Once loaded, you may see some error notifications. That indicates licensing is present for hardware not currently in the system- which does NOT affect operation of what already IS in the system. This is literally every license that an 8RU system could have if fully populated. So, rest assured everything the system as it is CAN do, it WILL do.
The biggest features this would be adding are:
- 4 match-Def scaler/synchronizers for each group of 24 inputs in the system
- 2 set-Def output scalers for each group of 12 outputs in the system (not 100% positive, but fairly certain this Kayak hardware is new enough to support this upgrade)
Key 5 and Key 6 for each M/E in the system (these are Luminance/Linear/external keys only, no iDPM or Chromakey)
ALL M/E Key 1-4 enabled with iDPMs and Chromakey
RGB Color Correction on every input
RGB Color Correction on EVERY OUTPUT (not 100% positive, but fairly certain this Kayak hardware is new enough to support this upgrade)
(This also should have the "half-M/E" already, but if not, it does now...)
Based on the module population in the photos, this switcher will now have these capabilities:
- 72 inputs (12 can synchronize and scale inputs to the current production
- Input-by-Input RGB Correction
- 36 outputs (6 can scale to a different resolution than the current
production format) (See italics note above)
- Output-by-Output RGB Correction (See italics note above)
- 4 iDPMs on every M/E (12 total iDPMs)
- 4 Auto-Setup Chromakeys on every M/E (12 total Chromakeys)
- 4 full-function keyers on every M/E (CK, iDPM, Masks, linear, luminance,
- 2 additional Luminance/Linear/External keys on every M/E
- Half-M/E (PGM/PST mixer) with 4 Luminance/Linear/External keys.
- Ethernet AMP (Advanced Mediadeck Protocol) for 4 devices
- Serial interface and protocols for every supported device
If an additional M/E board is located for this unit, its features will ALL be enabled as well. If ANOTHER additional M/E board is located for this unit, it would reside in the "eDPM" slot to provide 4x eDPMs which behave like "traditional DVEs" and would appear as SOURCES into the M/Es - instead of occupying the Keyers themselves